Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Miserable Six Nations - So Far

Yes, it has been a miserable showing in my favorite of all sporting tournaments - The RBS Six Nations - for my team, Scotland Rugby. What is the problem? Is it coaching? Is it the infrequency that the players get to play with each other outside of their league teams? For many of us, we don't know.

Two things I'll state so far though. Number One, those of you knocking Dan Parks, lay off! He has proven himself to be a quality player for both Glasgow Warriors and Scotland. Number Two, I was wrong about Chris Paterson. After being subjected to the humiliating defeat of Scotland by Italy last Six Nations in person at Murrayfield, I thought he was overrated coming in to this season's competition. I was over 100% wrong. Chris Paterson is an outstanding player that simply must be part of the Scotland squad. I'd like to see Dan Parks stay too despite his couple of errors recently. My beef with Scotland Rugby is the lack of attack and focus on scoring tries. Every game seems to focus on field position and the kicking game. That's obviously not enough against a crafty young squad such as the new French team.

All I can hope for is improvement throughout the rest of the campaign. Come on Scotland!

A'Best and Cheers!
Neil

No comments: