Monday, March 23, 2009

SXSW 2009 Part 1


Well, another South-By-Southwest Music Festival has come and gone in Austin, Texas. For the fourth year in a row I managed to make it to the Showcasing Scotland show hosted by the one and only Vic Galloway from BBC Radio Scotland. Vic was a busy man as always at this, his seventh consecutive SXSW! He also hosted a sold out show Friday evening at La Zona Rosa that I managed to somehow get into without a wrist band (and graciously, Vic had me covered by putting me on the guest list, just in case). I managed to grab Vic between sets for this quick photo. As always, he did an outstanding job as Emcee.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to process the band pictures but I'll be following up with a quick summary of the Showcasing Scotland gig with pictures of the performing bands. I'll have a wee note or two on the La Zona Rosa show as well.

Yours Aye!
Neil

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Neil,
I think you might appreciate this website: www.dearscotland.com

Cheers