Monday, March 24, 2008

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part!

Yes, I am as impatient as a small child when it comes to waiting for something I have been consumed with desire for. Yes, you know, that "I MUST have it!" feeling that grips one upon first seeing something new and exciting that will most certainly change one's life.

What is this newest something that has so captured my longing? Why, new brewpots of course! Not just any brewpots, no. These are (or had better be) THE coolest brewpots on the planet! They are called "Boilermakers" made by Blichmann Engineering in my home state of Indiana (pictured right). Now, since I also went to Purdue University, home of the Purdue BOILERMAKERS, this was one of the first things that gripped me about this new pot for homebrewing that reached out to me and said "you will be mine!". But, it is not the name that makes these so awe inspiring. It is the design and the 'all of the best features' aspect that makes these so compelling. The homebrew digests around the web all complain about the price but for the quality of what you are getting I don't consider it out of line. So much so that I've decided to replace my current mash tun and brewing 'copper' with two new Boilermakers. I already own just about everything John Blichmann has designed with the exception of a conical fermenter and have found everything to be of the best quality of anything I've purchased and all well engineered. I'm most eager to try out the mash tun false bottom design. This is the most unique one I have seen and is supposed to be the best of both the straight false bottom and the manifold false bottom designs. You can learn more about them at: www.blichmannengineering.com.

Now, the hard part, Tom Petty - The Waiting. I placed my order over two weeks ago and John responded to a recent email that it might be another two weeks before they are on their way to me. Apparently, demand has been high which is a good thing. This is very difficult for someone as impatient as me to deal with but, as Monty Python said "Wait for it!...". More to come, stay posted.

2 comments:

aj said...

from the looks of things, it was well worth the wait. now, i cant wait to taste the next batch.
the welsh dragon was sublime..
cheers!
see you in may.

Neil Spake said...

Hey Tony,

Some how, I missed this. I didn't think anyone was actually reading. I'll try to be more on top of things in the future.

Really enjoyed this evening, as always. Be glad when you all just up and move to Austin!

Cheers!
Neil