Friday, October 31, 2008

Brewing Day - Again.

Basically, I'm using up my holiday time prior to the end of the year so that I don't lose it. So, I'll likely not be working any more Fridays for the remainder of the year, and yes, that usually means brewing.

Today is one of those days. Brewing up one I've done over the past three or four years, slightly tweaking it each time. However, I think this one is the final tweak. It's called "Lord of the Isles" and is loosely influenced by a couple of different Scottish cask ales brewed in the west coast of Scotland. It uses a pretty unique grain from Simpson's Maltings in the U.K. called Golden Naked Oats. They give the beer a beautiful golden, orangy color and semi-sweet berry-like flavor. This time around I'm using Glacier hops for bittering and New Zealand organic Pacific Gem for flavor/aroma. I've come to love the hops from New Zealand. They are all great to work with. Glacier I've never used before but it smelled brilliant.

Listening to the new Oasis. Whether you like them and or not, you have to admit they are masters of hook-laden pop/rock song writing. And I'm a sucker for it. This new one is outstanding! Really like the new Kaiser Chiefs too. Have stayed away from the new Snow Patrol so far although I like the single. The last one just didn't resonate that much with me. Unfortunately, as much as I love Travis, I'm not too keen on their new one. Not exactly sure why at this point but I'll keep giving it a go.

Out... for now.

Cheers!
Neil

No comments: