Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brewing Day!

I'm excited. It's brewing day again. I'm actually doing a marathon today. Two full brews in order to rebuild the stock after Oktoberfest drained me. Trouble is, the first beer I simply cannot reveal any details about. I'd love to comment, but at the present time, I can't. Let's leave it at its something I've never done before and should be very interesting indeed. I'll comment on it later.

So, I've got the Seasick Steve fired up on the iPod (thanks, Tom for introducing me to someone I probably should have known about already. I just picked up Steve's newest after hearing him for the first time last week (was it?) on Tom's show) and the first brew is going.

The second beer is a bit interesting as well. Pretty much a straight ahead Strong Bitter but two small twists: I'm trying a new UK hop called "Boadicea" (and yes it reminds of the famous Queen of the Britains) and, with my loving oats so much, I'm adding some Scottish Pinhead Oats made by Hamlyn's, said to be made in the Highlands (HQ in Banff). I've used them before but with a darker beer. This should be cool.

Back to the brewing before I mess something up.

Oh, yeah. Happy Birthday! to the love of my life, my wife Valarie. Her birthday is tomorrow.

Cheers!
Neil

No comments: